This delivery truck is empty!ADD SOME PRODUCTS
added to delivery
Out of stock
Maui Sunflower Oil
Out of stock
- Cold pressed and unrefined
- Use for high-heat cooking or as flavorful finishing oil
- Rich in Omega 9 (Oleic Acid) and Omega 6 (Linoleic Acid), which is an Essential Fatty Acid (EFA). EFAs are essential for normal functioning of all tissues in the body; they can’t be made by the body and can only be obtained from food.
- It is suggested to use this freshly pressed oil within 6 months of bottled date; keep in a cool, dark place.
- Chef Notes: "Fresh; clean taste; Subtle, light and flavorful without masking other ingredient flavors; it tastes like Spring."
Natural Sunflower oil, Macadamia oil and other natural oils and plant extracts are made with locally grown ingredients and produced and bottled in Hawaii.
Maiden Hawaii Naturals was created by Pacific Biodiesel, Hawaii’s award-winning and internationally recognized producer of renewable fuel that recycles waste cooking oils from restaurants statewide for use in the production of its clean, locally made biodiesel.
As the demand for sustainable biodiesel began to exceed the amount of waste cooking oils produced in the Hawaiian Islands, the founders looked to agricultural products to supplement the existing feedstock. Their crushing mill next door to the biodiesel plant allows for the extraction of oil from many different beans, nuts and seeds. In 2015 the company began collecting excess macadamia nuts from local macadamia nut processors. After learning that these nuts were being discarded on Hawaii Island, they offered to buy these nuts and process them into biodiesel. As the team learned more about this oil, they realized its many healthful benefits for hair and skin so they began producing the oil into a premium beauty oil. And that’s how Maiden Hawaii Naturals was born. In 2017, the founders began sustainably farming the now-famous Maui Sunflowers (pictured below) and are also now farming industrial hemp.
Today Maiden Hawaii Naturals, LLC produces premium culinary oils for Hawaii’s chefs and the Kuleana® line of natural cosmetic ingredients and beauty products.